Top 6 Flavours of Baking Scones
If you have a sweet tooth and love to try new desserts, then the name scones would not be unfamiliar to you. Also, if you love baking or cooking, then baking scones is something you must have done once in your life. According to the latest news, custom made scones have literary characters or impressions of various destinations world over to attract customers especially children. There are various types of scones that can be baked. Each of them has its own unique recipe and fans all over the world. Some of the most famous types of these mini loaf recipes are discussed below.
- Cranberry and lemon: The combination of these two tangy ingredients fits very well with the high amount of sweetness which goes into making it. The tanginess only balances the sweetness of the scones and makes for a great evening snack. For those who love berries, using cranberries is one of the options or else, you can use mixed berries or any other type of berries that you prefer.
- Oats Scones: If you do not prefer to bake creamy or very salty scones like most meringue based desserts, then you can opt for oats scones. These scones are less sweet in nature as the saltiness of oats overpowers the sweetness of the sugar. For those who are health conscious, this is the perfect dish for you. It is easy to make and is equally flavoursome as the rest of the scone dishes.
- Jalapeño and Cheddar: This combination is heaven for those who love pizzas or burgers. Did you know that you can actually incorporate this chilli and tangy flavour into your scones? If you had thought that scones are always sweet then maybe it is time to try something new.
- Jam Scones: These resemble small jam cookies but are actually scones. For making this recipe you can actually make fresh jam in your house; or make judicious use of the leftover jam from the supermarkets. You can bake with different flavoured jam fillings. These are amazing snacks for children’s birthday or other parties.
- Sweet potato scones with roasted pumpkin seed toppings: Sweet potatoes are often not liked by many people. But it gives a beautiful flavour to the scones. The over sweetness caused by sugar and sweet potato is well balanced with the saltiness of the roasted pumpkin seeds which are used as toppings. Unlike most pavlova and meringue recipes which are too sweet, sweet potato scones have a balanced flavour. Country Chef
- Lavender Scones: Though most of you might adore the fragrance of lavender, did you know that you can actually make lavender flavoured scones. All you need is to get lavender flavour from your nearest bakery store and bake your lovely scones with it.
Thus, these are some of the best ways of baking scones for all the sweet lovers in your family. These would be loved by the children and are even delicious accompaniments to the evening tea. For more information on baking scones, you can log on to various online websites such as the http://www.countrychef.com.au.